Sunday, September 11, 2005

Teen Angst and odd languages

Things aren’t always black or white,
They’re sometimes shades of gray
It’s times like these I have to wish,
Those things would go away

It never seemed to matter
‘Cause you were always there
But now that it is finished,
I’m trying not to care

The words you spoke so dearly
Will never leave my head
The burning images I see
Are all in shades of red.

It never seemed to matter,
‘Cause you were always there
But now that it is finished,
I’m trying not to care

Simple things remind me
Of relationships now lost,
I think about all that we shared,
Was it really worth the cost?

It never seemed to matter,
‘Cause you were always there
But now that it is finished,
I’m trying not to care.


Personally, I'm proud of this. It's the first poem I've written that has decent rhyme. Usually, I can't rhyme to save my life. Please let me know what you think as I'm trying to get a variety of opinions on it. I wrote this...I think it was thursday actually. I've only just now posted it. I've decided I write teen angst really well for someone who's never had any. I suppose that poems I post really have nothing to do with the theme of the rest of the blog, but in a way they do. They're in english aren't they? so there you go! HA HA HA! I WIN! Okay. I'm done now. I'm just tired and behind on my homework already...

Tomorrow is my first quiz in Russian. It's not a big deal, we just get a printed word and have to write it in Russian. Hopefully I'll have no trouble with it. Though sometimes I connect the letters funny.

Russian is a funny language. No offense to all of you Russian speakers out there...but in my opinion the whole voiced/unvoiced consonant thing is kind of weird. I mean...Think about it. If the consonant at the end of the word is voiced then you have to make it unvoiced and therefore it's not pronounced the way it looks...

I suppose that I shouldn't complain. Especially since it's not like english makes sense...or even french for that matter I mean come on! The french for everything is so long! Like instead of saying please they say "If it pleases you" While I'm on it, Let me talk about Spanish. Half the time they don't even use pronouns!

Okay, So I didn't mean for that entire paragraph to come out...so I'm gonna sign off for now, get my shower, work on Beloved *urgh* And then get to bed. I've got another long day tomorrow...

No comments: