Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cornfields and Trains

So it's been a while. I know. I had a rough transition back to the States. I actually have three or four blog posts that are sitting here in draft form from after I got back that I couldn't finish. Perhaps someday.

In the meantime, the latest news is that I'm now in the great state of Indiana. We moved her for my husband's job. Our apartment complex is smack dab in the middle of cornfields off of  "county road 250" and the closest object of interest are train tracks about half a mile down the road. In either direction.

You can't make this stuff up.

I always thought where I grew up in Ohio was rural. Just kidding.

But anyway, the most positive thing about this experience so far is that when we moved here, we decided that Abigail needs to work on her writing. I've been doing freelance work for an advertising company out of Canton so that brings some money in and then in between unpacking boxes, walking our dogs and watching ridiculous YouTube videos, I write for myself. That aspect of it I like.

I like being able to set my schedule and do something that I love. When I was in Russia one thing I wrote in my journal is that the desire of my heart was to be able to stay home and write. Looks like God's given me just that opportunity.

So stay tuned for more about writing, life and the culture shock of switching states.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, life in a cornfield leads to writing! Hee Haw!

Unknown said...

Well I suppose living in a cornfield gives you time to write. God has answered your prayer. Hee Haw.