Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Homeward Bound-A Folk Song

(No, I didn't write this. It's a folk song. Sort of. sang it for a competition in like 8th grade. Or seventh. Don't remember. But thought it would be appropriate to post)

In the quiet, misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed
When the sparrows stop their singing
And the sky is clear and red
When the Summer's ceased its gleaming
When the corn is past its prime
When Adventure's lost its meaning
I'll be homeward bound in time.

Bind me not to the pasture,
Chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling
And I'll return to you somehow.

If you find it's me you're missing
If you're hoping I'll return
To your thoughts I'll soon be listening
In the road I'll stop and turn.
Then the wind will set me racing
As my journey nears its end
And the path I'll be retracing
When I'm homeward bound again.

Bind me not to the pasture,
Chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling
And I'll return to you somehow.

...
One week from tomorrow, I fly out of Yakutsk...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I think I should tell you I'm pretty sure it's not a folk song.

Anonymous said...

This is the song I'm doing for my
8th grade solo. It is a sweet song.

Anonymous said...

Me 2 i am doing it 4 an 8th grd solo contest

Anonymous said...

just so yall know it is a folk song. it's and english folk song. and yeah i did it this year for an 8th grade solo competition too.

Anonymous said...

My High School Concert Choir is singing this in two parts. It sounds really pretty- one of our favorites.

Anonymous said...

It is a folk song. Two of my friends sang it for contests.

Anonymous said...

It's NOT a folk song. It was written by Marta Keen 10 or 15 years ago and recorded by various choirs, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.