Friday, September 15, 2006

Translation Decision

okay, so a while back I installed this nifty counter onto this blog. No, it's not the sign language counter at the bottem of the page, this one is invisible. I got it from Stat Counter. It's a pretty cool thing. Anyway one thing I've noticed is that lots of people search this blog for L'homme qui te ressemble by Rene Philombe. I've also noticed that a lot of people are looking for an english translation of this poem. Some people have used google translator to do the job but to be perfectly honest it does a horrible job. So, I have made a decision. I have decided, for good practice, to translate the poem. It will be up ASAP because I have some time to myself tonight so I will sit down and do it. Hopefully it'll be a better job than google though by no means am I a professional tranlator. Anyway, look for it.

As an aside, I found out about this great thing called Tocyrillic. Anyone who has firefox should go and download this great extension for the browser. It makes me want to post more stuff in Russian because it makes transliterating it easier than taking six hours to plunk it out on my keyboard.

Get ToCyrillic from Mozilla

No comments: