Sunday, March 20, 2005

Essay En Français and Two Poems

OOh I had so much fun in French on Friday. I dislike how we always have to write out sentences that are basically what the language books tell us to write. On Friday, we got to write Essays!! It was exciting. Except that I didn't get done which made me sad. It takes me a long time to write essays in French. I'm not sure why. I think maybe it's because I have to think about otherways to say what I want to say becuse I don't always know how to say it En Français. When I get it back, I'll post it.

I had a revelation on Thursday night. Why spend three or four dollars on a deck of playing cards when you can buy one for 98 cents and customize it yourself? That's what I did. I had a deck of playing cards and I took a permanent marker and wrote "Les Cartes Français" on the back of each one. On the front of each card, I'm putting a french phrase. They're rather amusing. I've also named each Jack after one of the Three Musketeers. Which by the way I'm supposed to be reading in french but I haven't actually started yet. I got distracted what with OGT and everything. (I'm very glad that's over by the way!)

The other day I wanted to post something new in my AIM profile. I wrote a random poem and I thought I'd post it here. Except be forewarned. This poem is ©2005 Abigail.

I close my eyes,
I'm far away
Another time,
Another place
Away from troubles
You have brought me
You don't exsist here
Never will


Okay so that's it. Not one of my better ones. I still think My best poem I've yet written is Rain. I haven't posted it here though. *digs through pile of old papers* Ah! here it is! I suppose that I'll post it. I mean I know this is a language blog, but English is a language and besides, poems pertain to language. If you have a problem with it, too bad. It's my blog! *evil laughter* Okay, seriously. Here you go. Rain

document.write('');Rain,
Falls.
Gently,
From the trees.
Upon,
My upturned face.
Cooling,
My anger.
Cleansing,
My hate.
Part,
Has gone with you.
Never,
Will it return.
Hearts,
Will scar over.
Wounds,
Close forever.
Though,
One piece will always be missing.
One,
Simple piece.
Tears,
Run down my cheeks.
Rain,
Falls.


(Both poems contained in this entry are © 2005, Abigail)

No comments: