Thursday, March 03, 2005

Poem by Jacques Prévert

Okay so not last week at the french thing because I wasn't there, but the week before we worked on listening and reading. There was a poem in the packet that we didn't work on. I wanted to read it though and last night I dug it out and read it. It's really sad. It's by Jacques Prévert and it called Déjeuner du matin Here it is.

Déjeuner du matin
By: Jacques Prévert

Il a mis le café
Dans la tasse
Il a mist le lait
Dans la tasse de café
Il a mis le sucre
Dans le café au lait
Avec la petite cuiller
Il a tourné
Il a bu le café au lait
Et it a reposé la tasse
Sans me parler
Il a allumé une cigarette
Il a fait des ronds
Avec la fumée
Il a mis les cendres
Dans le cendrier
Sans me parler
Sans me regarder
Il s'est levé
Il a mis son chapeau sur sa tête
Il a mis son manteau de pluie
Parce qu'il pleuvait
Et it est parti
Sous la pluie
Sans une parole
Sans me regarder
Et moi, J'ai pris ma tête
Dans ma main
Et j'ai pleuré.


Isn't that sad? Okay, sorry if you can't read it. Get a dictionary. Translating to English doesn't do it justice. It has to stay in FRECH!! STAY! Seriously. I'm okay. I think I should memorize this. I kind of feel for the girl.

In Russian yesterday, We learned how to say I'm in (insert place here) and I live in (insert place here) Russian is so much fun! Jon-Michael and I have been speaking it this morning.

OOh I almost forgot. On Friday (last) Madame set this whole bag of french books infront of me! I 'bout fell over!! YAYAYAYAYAyA!!!!! It made me so happy! and THEN, she let me borrow ALL of them!! WHEEEEE! I'm on my second one. I read an abridged version of Journey to the center of the earth and now I'm reading another short one called "The ghost of white lake" YAYAYAYAYA! Sorry, I'm just really excited. I'm not excited about the National French Test though. It's next week. On the 9th. I'm going to do bad on the grammer part. Grammer is not my strong suit.

No comments: