Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why I Love Being An Exchange Student: Part 53

The door to the Obshest room was locked. So we went to the computer room. There were practice State Exams on the desks. I was like "great, I'm going to have to sit through this." So I decided to ask if I could use the computer while my classmates suffer. (heh heh) I go up to the teacher and say "Are we taking a practice test?" And the teacher goes "No, just instruction. You don't need it so you can use the computer if you want." Ha ha ha ha! I love my life.

Okay. So today is the second to last day of school. We come tomorrow and then for me that's it. Exams start Friday I think but I don't take them. Saturday, we have the "Last Bell" ceremony. Each 11th year class is doing something and I'm not sure what all we do, but it's basically the end. I can't believe it. Wasn't I just sitting in class thinking that may was such a long way off? Apparently not as far off as I thought.

I've been stressed lately. Called another inbounder and was just like "What's wrong with me?" Sometimes I feel like I just can't deal with being here anymore. With these people, with life in General. Lately I've just felt like I want to go home home. Sometimes I think I say that I don't want to go home, because that's what you're supposed to be saying at the end of your exchange right? "Oh I loved it and I just don't want to go home." The thing is, I think I'm ready to go home. Sure, I've still got some things to finish up, some things to see, but I think I'll be ready to get on that plane. That's not to say I'm not going to miss things about life here. For example, I think I'm really going to miss speaking Russian and some of the food. But I don't know, I'm really looking forward to seeing my family.

There goes the bell and I didn't get to finish telling you about the last couple of days. Oops. have to get to it later...

No comments: